FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: Property Providers
- How much does it cost to list my rental properties on the site?
No charge will be incurred at any time. NYHousingSearch.gov is a free listing service.
- How long will it take after I enter the property for it to be viewable by the public?
Properties will become active immediately after they are correctly entered into the system. Updates can be made 24-hours a day and will also be instantly applied to your listing.
- How long will it take until I get phone calls from prospective tenants?
This depends on several factors in your community such as the economy, number of properties on the market and how desirable your property is compared to others.
- How do prospective tenants access the listings?
Prospective tenants can call our toll free number, 1-877-428-8844, to receive housing lists, or they can search for housing online from any Internet capable computer. Many service providers and housing resource agencies have computers for clients to use or they may offer assistance with your search for housing.
- How do I make changes to my listing, like changing the deposit amount, etc?
As a registered property provider you can manage and update your account 24-hours-a-day, seven days a week via the Internet or you may call us for assistance during office hours M-F 9:00 am - 8:00 pm EDT at 1-877-428-8844.
- What personal information of mine will be posted on the web?
Basic contact information must be provided in order for tenants to contact you. This must include your name and phone number and may optionally contain your mailing or e-mail address. However, you control your information and can update it at any time via the Internet or a toll free phone call.
- I don't have any vacancies. Why should I add my properties to this listing?
This is a free way to maintain an inventory of your properties. When there are vacancies, your property will already be included on the housing locator site and viewable by thousands.